As a result the transfer of public health to local government in April 2013 and an increasing emphasis on localism, the role of local delivery of tobacco control has become even more important. High quality local tobacco control supports action to reduce the number of people who smoke and improve the health of our communities.
This page provides links to a number of areas where the Smokefree Action Coalition and its members are providing support to local tobacco control.
- Local Government Declaration on Tobacco Control
- NHS Statement of Support for Tobacco Control
- The case for local action on tobacco control – a toolkit
- Health inequalities resource pack
- CLeaR – excellence in local tobacco control
- Making the case for strong local tobacco control – a briefing
- Briefing on health inequalities
- Top of the Agenda 2013 – the new public health system
- BAT AGM protest